Saturday, October 09, 2004

The Terry Fox Run in Kobe is coming up fast. I wanted to go running this morning to practice, but it was raining so instead I made three pieces of toast and had a cup of coffee. Wow, I guess I am not a hero. It still amazes me that Terry ran a marathon every day on just one leg. I can’t even force myself to go for a walk in the rain sometimes. Right, I guess I will have to force myself to go out running this afternoon. The funny thing about running though, is that often I don’t want to do it, but as soon as I am doing it, I am really enjoying myself. I guess so many things in life are just like that. It is the initial effort that is the most difficult, and once you have begun something, then it can actually be great. It’s like that with writing essays too, now that I think of it. When I was a grad student, I could procrastinate for days before I finally settled down and started to get to work. It killed me just thinking about having to write a paper, but then, once I started my paper, it usually just started to flow. It’s just getting started that is the hardest thing.

Right, I am definitely going running this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home