Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I'm just shocked by the disaster around the Indian Ocean. I have never heard of such a terrible natural disaster in my life. I was in Canada when it happened, and I couldn't believe what I was watching on TV. I'm back in Japan now, and I'm preparing for classes next week. I hope we can help somehow in our class. We'll have to put our heads together and try and think of some way we help the poor people who have been affected by this disaster.

On another note, I enjoyed seeing all my family in Canada. It was a nice 10 days, despite the cold weather. I don't think I am used to -20 degrees C anymore. Now I know why Canadians use so much of the world's energy. We heat our houses so much. My house in Canada is warmer than my house here in Japan. Also, in Canada, every room is heated 24 hours a day, even the rooms that don't have anyone in them. It seems like a terrible waste of energy, but then it is so easy to be selfish when it is so cold outside. Even now, here in Japan, I have all of my heaters burning full blast. I think I'll go and turn down some of my heaters now.

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2005 at 8:37 PM, Blogger Jaxon S said...

Hi Scott, came across your blog as I was surfing Blogger. If only my english is half as good as yours, i will be a happy man. Nice blog. Yours will be one of those that I will check often

 

Post a Comment

<< Home