Saturday, October 16, 2004

Hello World!

Boy, do I ever have a splitting headache tonight. Earlier tonight, I felt as if my head was pounding, but now I am feeling a little bit better, so I thought I would write in my blog.

First of all, I just want to say:

HOORAY Yuri and Motoko!!!!

Yuri and Motoko came to the Terry Fox Run today. I was so happy to see them. I was worried that I wouldn’t see them because I was so late getting to the Terry Fox Run today. The Run was on Rokko Island, and I totally miscalculated the amount of time it would take to get to Rokko Island. I thought it would only take an hour, but it took two hours. Luckily, I found Yuri and Motoko at the race. I felt bad though, because I had said that I would sponsor them in the race, and I was so late, that I barely even had time to register myself. Luckily, however, I got to the race before it started. I really admire Yuri and Motoko for coming to the Terry Fox Race. It was really far away from Hirakata, and it isn’t easy to walk or run 5 km. While I was running around Rokko Island, I kept wondering when I would reach the end of the race, and I was only running 5 km. I can’t imagine what it must have been like to run 42 km every day, like Terry Fox did. I don’t think I would be able to do it. I think if I had cancer, I would probably just give up. I guess I am not much of a fighter, but I did manage to run the 5 km without stopping today. Yuri and Motoko came soon after my friend Taka and I crossed the finish line. It was fun cheering them across the finish line. I feel like we really accomplished something. Maybe I am a bit of a fighter.

Anyway, I just want to say HOORAY Yuri and Motoko one more time, and also I want to say HOORAY for Taka who was my only friend who would come to the race with me (don’t feel bad Janet, I know you had a meeting – Taka and I ran for you!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home